ITR-5 Form can be used by Firms, LLPs, Association of persons(AOPs) and Body of Individuals(BOIs), Artificial Juridical Person, Cooperative society and Local authority, provided they are not required to file the return of income under section 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D) (i.e., Trusts, Political party, Institutions, Colleges, etc.).
ITR-5 cannot be filed by:
- Assessees who are required to file the return of income under section 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D) (i.e., Trusts, Political party, Institutions, Colleges, etc.)
- Individuals, HUFs (Hindu Undivided Families), Companies
Form ITR 1 (SAHAJ) can be filed to the Income Tax Department in following ways:
- The return can be filed in paper form.
- The return can be filed online using a digital signature of the taxpayer.
- The return can be filed online using electronic verification code.
- The return can be filed online followed by submission of ITR-V by post.
In case you have opted for method 4, print two copies of Form ITR-V. One copy of ITR-V should be retained by the assessee for his/her records, the other copy duly signed by the assessee, has to be sent by post to:
Post Bag No. 1,
Electronic City Office,
Bengaluru— 560 100,
Only the following persons have an option to file return in paper form
An individual of age of 80 years or more at any time during the previous year; or An individual or HUF whose income does not exceed five lakh rupees and no refund is claimed in the return of income.
- Income Tax login details
- Form 26AS
- Section 80 Investments proof
- Expenses deductions proofs
- Income proof
- Bank statement/passbook
- Interest income statement for fixed deposits.
- TDS certificate issued by banks and others.
- Investment details
- Any other document/information
- Other Investment documents:
- Interest paid on housing loan: Interest on housing loan is eligible for tax saving up to Rs 2,00,000. It is for a self-occupied house.
1. Allows carry forward of losses
2. Define financial worth
3. Loan Processing and high risk cover
4. Claim refund of TDS paid from salary
5. Avoid a maximum penalty of Rs 10,000, if your total income exceeds Rs 5 lakh
6. Taxpayers are often served notices from the IT department for delayed & missed return submissions.
7. Your Tax Return documents are proof of your financial investments and will be useful when you apply for a loan or a visa.
8. Most embassies and consulates require you to submit IT returns for the last 3 years
|Collect the information
||Review and make necessary changes
||Filing of ITR-5